Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

December 30, 2011

How I Spent My Christmas Vacation...

This will probably be long, let me just put that out there before you get too invested.

I promise I kept up will all of my blog friends on my reader on my phone while I was gone.  I've got some commenting to do!

I had all of these grand plans to blog away while I was at my mom's house... and I didn't.  It's a little house!  I didn't want her nosy self looking over my shoulder. 

Okay, what else?  Did you know that you can bring vials of meds and needles through airport security and no one even asks you what they are for, but if you bring a pasta maker through, you will get searched?  Death by fettuccine!

I was able to connect with some old friends and a cousin I'd kind of lost touch with so that was really super great.  I'm pretty open with the infertility thing, especially after I've tossed a few back, so it's nice to be able to talk about it with people who have known me forever and ever.  My experience has been that people are really kind for the most part.  One of those people I hung out with, though, was my BFF.  If you've been reading my blog, you know that she was less than supportive about us seeking treatment and we haven't talked about it since.  I made her talk to me about it while I was home, and let me tell you... this is going to piss you all off.  Here we go:

She told me that she got pregnant with both of her kids on Clomid.  Yes, she did get pregnant the first month she got of the pill, yes she was on Clomid.  She got on the pill because of irregular periods.  Not like PCOS irregular, just irregular like off by a week or so.  Somehow, she got her doctor to give her Clomid without even trying drug free first because she didn't want to deal with irregular periods, and got pregnant right away both times.  She said, "Yup, took it 10 days and bam I was pregnant."  After I picked my jaw up and stopped trying to do the head scratching math, I heard her go on and on about the hot flashes.  They were apparently the end of the world.  W... T.... F... I've decided she just does not get it AT ALL!  It's a shame, but it is what it is.  We were out for drinks and I mentioned that part of the issue is probably that we are getting up there in age and she loudly proclaimed that I was full of shit.  My single friend who is a month younger than me backed me up and reminded her that it's something we all need to think about, but she wasn't havin' it.  Just get yourself some Clomid, y'all!  ugh.

On to me and my pill popping/shooting up.  No biggie!  Did the pills, did the shots, I'm a little uncomfortable and crampy, but it's not that big of a deal.  The great news is that I had the ultrasound today and I have four follies.  15, 16, 18, and 19.  My lining is trilaminar. We get to trigger tomorrow and do the IUI on Monday!  The clinic is closed on that day, but since there are three of us who ended up needing an IUI then, one of the docs is going to come in and get it taken care of for us.  Yay!  I'm feeling hopeful.  Trying not to be too hopeful, but right now, it feels good to be positive.

I'll leave you with this convo of the week:
Him (after giving me an injection): Did that hurt?
Me: Not really.  It did burn some, but I didn't even feel it when you put it in.  You're a good stick.
Him: Ah, just what every man wants to hear.

3 comments:

  1. "thats what she said" :)

    Oh, and your bff sounds like she was being kind of a biznatch. You seem so calm and level headed dealing with her, I would have probably yelled and explained to her just how little she knows. Eek! You're a better woman than i!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hope, yes 10 days!!! I don't even know how that works, but whatever!

    @Izzy, we've been friends since diapers so I'm used to her antics I guess. She is obviously so clueless that I feel like talking to her about it would be pointless. It's just laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post cracks me up for the following reasons:

    1. I am the oldest and I NEVER read my blog at my mom's house. :)
    2. We got a pasta maker for Xmas too!
    3. I know a woman who calls clomid "Red Bull for your ovaries" which for some reason is really annoying to me. Maybe because she got pregnant with it on her first try, too. Seriously, who prescribes a patient clomid without even seeing if she ovulates on her own first?
    4. Your convo of the week is hilarious! If my husband had the cojones to inject me (I do all my own, even the IMs when I was donating eggs) I imagine we'd have a similar conversation.

    Yeah for four follicles!

    ReplyDelete