When I told my BFF that we were going to start fertility testing and treatment, she was surprisingly un-supportive. She actually said "Oh my God! You are over reacting. It's just going to take time. It takes a lot of people a long time." Mind you - she got knocked up with both of her kids right after she got off the pill. I haven't talked to her since. I tried to explain my feelings, but she just kept playing it down. I just don't know what to say to her since this is such a major part of my life right now and I don't want my feelings to be marginalized. So she called, I saw it was her, and I didn't answer. I checked the message. She called to tell me that someone we went to college with is pregnant with her 5th kid.
Swell.
I can't even log into Facebook anymore because I can't handle the barrage of pregnancy announcements and sonogram profile pictures. Now my BFF can deliver the same anguish, live and unsolicited.
Swell.
September 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just wanted to give you a hug when I read this...and then I was all, do we have the same best friend? It sucks. And it's ok to not be okay with her behavior. No one wants someone they love to be hurting, and maybe she feels like if she tells you you are wrong, the infertility will go away??? (It is so much easier to think that way than to say, omg, my best friend is selfish! because that is what I think all day long. :))
ReplyDeleteThanks. I like that perspective. :)
ReplyDelete