The other day, a patient's mom mentioned that her daughter's speech therapist was on maternity leave. Her daughter asked what a maternity leave was and after explaining it she said "Lisa's going to have one of those next year." I said, "Oooooh, let's hope so." And she said, "Oh I'm good at these things. You will." Her daughter, who has developmental delays, started in with the "You have a baby? A baby in your tummy?" That was fun. I almost told her what to do with her crystal ball.The student loan nightmare continues. I think I'll blog about that tomorrow. It's really fun to have umpteen things that you can't control going on at one time. It's even more fun when it involves the government taking money from your checking account all willy nilly because of a "glitch in the system."
The Victoria's Secret runway show thingy is on. Nicky Minaj looks completely ridiculous. I'm happy to hear my husband frequently saying things like, "That girl needs to eat!"
Speaking of husband, he set up this spectacular workout area in our garage. We moved the treadmill out there because... well... giant piece of exercise equipment wasn't part of the aesthetic I was going for in the living room. But now that it's out there, I don't use it! I get bored staring at the wall. So the hubs put in a shelf for my laptop so I can watch Hulu when I run! And he's got this whole setup going where you pull the car out, put down the treadmill deck, pull out a few mats and there's a whole freakin' gym in minutes! He's brilliant!
I just submitted the second revision on the first scientific paper I've completed as first author. That's enough to keep me up all night. I think what makes me craziest is the thought that after 3 years of research and writing and two revisions they can just pitch it out the window. I'd bawl my eyes out. One more thing out of my control at the moment.
Ahhhh!
Thanks for reading my random drivel. Peace out.

Ha, love that you met an psycic! People really think we care what they think, even if its a totally rediculous thing to say. I give children a pass because even when what they say breaks my heart, at least I know they don't know any better. A friend of our's 4 year old asked me about a year ago if we had kids, when I said no he asked why not and my crazy ass almost told him! Instead I said something child appropriate and cried on the inside...
ReplyDeleteOMG - people are so wacky but I hope this sweet woman is right :)
ReplyDelete