It's usually a good idea for me to have a project to work on so I stop googling things and making myself worry. About a month ago, we had our house painted a nice gray/blue color. It's lovely, but now my red chairs stand out like sore thumbs! My latest project is covering them. I'm not the best sewer in the world... okay I borderline suck at it. I'm super short, so my momma taught me to hem for survival's sake, but that's about as far as I go. I got some really nice upholstery fabric and spent a good chunk of the day making a cover. One down, one to go! I'm proud of it!
On the fertility front, I went to Wh.ole Foo.ds for the second time in my life to start a new diet. The first time I went was the day before our wedding when we raided the southeast for all the blue hydrangeas we could find since ours did not arrive on time, but that's another story for another day. This time I was dipping my toes into the organic world. I read up on the "Endo Diet" and it didn't look right for me. Hats off to the women that do it, but I just don't think I could go that extreme. I'm a weenie and I like food. So I looked at the peer reviewed research and I'm working on coming up with my own eating plan based on what I read. I'm sticking to whole grains (which I try to do anyway, but I'll get better), nothing that has been given hormones, nothing processed, as organic as I can afford, plenty of fruits and veggies, limit the saturated fat, I already don't eat red meat or pork... and I'm thinking about giving up caffine. I only have one cup of coffee a day and I gave up Diet Coke awhile ago, but it makes me cranky just to think about it!
Anyone have stories on how diet changed their symptoms?

I was just dx with Endo in August so I am still pretty new to it all. I'm already a vegetarian but I love my dairy way too much to hi completely vegan. I would love some more info on the Endo diet though!
ReplyDeleteKudos to you! I'm relatively new at eating more healthfully -- I went to an ayurvedic doctor recently and began learning about eating "clean" foods.
ReplyDeleteBut no, I haven't given up my one cup of coffee yet, either :-)
Great job on the chairs!
ICLW #29
Good luck with your new healthy diet. We live around the corner from Whole Foods - it is dangerous! I'm experimenting with Gluten-Free. It's a challenge because I crave it but so far so good!
ReplyDeleteWish I could sew - nice work on the chairs!