Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

October 7, 2011

Christmas Cards

As the forever single girl, I never sent out Christmas cards.  It just seemed weird.  I contemplated sending one of my dog one year.  I figured it was a step up from a gaggle of cats, but I decided against it.  Since I didn't send out cards, the amount of cards I received quickly dwindled.  So this year, I'm super excited to send out married Christmas cards for the first time!

Even though people are probably sick of us, we're going to use our wedding photo because we can.  And come on - that's what we did this year.  If I have to read about Sally's 83rd dance recital, you can look at me in my fantastic dress.  Anywho, when you are using a wedding photo the text on the card gets kind of hairy. 

Since we met and married in our mid 30s, "Joyful and Triumphant" seemed pretty fantastic to me.  "Unto us a child is born" would be way inappropriate.  "Naughty and Nice" would be rather descriptive since "Naughty" would fall under Mr. Right and "Nice" would be under me. 

My favorite, however, is for sure the thought of looking at a photo of Mr. Right and me in all of our white garb of purity above the words "Oh Holy Night."

Mr. Right would rather do something like this:


I married an adolescent, I swear.  Good thing he's cute!

Got any fun ideas?  Ever notice how glaringly white the people are on the cards on the Shutterfly site?  And where can I get these things for less than one arm and half a leg?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that card! If my husband saw this he would absolutely make me re-create it with him and our dogs and send it! I agree that its a little weird to send out christmas cards with out kids but I wonder if we just think that because we want them so bad? And am I a total weirdo like the guy pictured above if I send one out that has me, the hubs and our dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should, Lindsey! I would if I didn't feel like we need to break my family in. It's our first "married card" and all - don't want to brand ourselves as the weird ones right off the bat! We'll give 'em a year to like us and then smack 'em with the weirdness. :)

    ReplyDelete