Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

September 30, 2012

Wherein I Give Up My Soul In The Baby Quest

Okay, maybe that's a bit melodramatic.

I don't eat red meat or pork.  This is mainly because I don't like it.  A second bonus was that after having lost 50 pounds, not eating red meat helped keep me out of the drive through.  When I heard that red meat carried a higher risk of certain cancers that ran rampant in my family and that it was estrogenic, I felt even more buoyed in my my red meat and porkless life.  I'd asked doctors about it and they said it was a non-issue in the baby quest.

Then I started googling crap about building uterine lining and "eat red meat" kept popping up.  Made sense and I figured that it wouldn't really hurt anything short term.  I'm not a steak or chops fan, but I do miss burgers.

So I asked J to take me out for a burger and he was more than happy to oblige.  Surprisingly, I didn't get sick!  I'm not going to start eating this crap every day, and bacon is still out, but like I said... can't hurt anything in the short term.

So here it is folks, my first burger in 10 years.  Mushroom and swiss.  Not gunna lie, it was damned good.

I had to have the fries too!

10 comments:

  1. You are definitely strong willed. I dont know what I would do without burgers, bacon, steak or chops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I remember when I gave up red meat because I had read it could be bad for endo - the only thing I missed was burgers too!
    I am sure you have already found, but my acupuncturist said dark red foods also help with uterine lining (red raspberry leaf tea and pomegranate juice were two she specifically recommended).

    Go lining go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up red meat and pork a long time ago, too. My two weaknesses are bacon and hotdogs (for some reason), which I still eat on occasion. Hubby also wanted a mushroom & swiss burger tonight, saying it would help his swimmers tomorrow. Hmmm...if it works for lining....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I'm a non-meat eater. I eat fish but no meat. I am considering eating some for our next IVF attempt. Glad to hear you didn't get sick. That is something I worry about if I'd eat something meaty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently started eating chicken after 10 years as a non meat eater. It was tough, but absolutely worth it if we ever get a baby out of this fiasco! Glad your burger was tasty and I sure hope it helps with your lining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find after a period I crave red meat and I have often wondered if it is to do with what you loose nutrients wise. I hope the burger does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember how good my chicken club sandwich was after two years of vegetarianism!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I think about all the ridiculous things I started doing, you're right sometimes it does seem like we give up our soul in quest for a little one...hope that burger brings you lots of good luck and an awesome lining :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am salivating over your photo of that burger. I grew up on a beef cattle ranch so I would be disowned if I ever gave up red meat. ;) Plus, I love it too much.

    ReplyDelete