My estrogen and progesterone were good, so we are starting Medrol, baby asprin, and PIO tonight. We're still on for a Thursday transfer. I don't have to come in for any more monitoring.
Not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I'm glad not to push it back or cancel, but is it really the smart thing to do? I guess we're banking on the PIO helping to thicken things and maybe the baby asprin will help if there is a blood flow issue? All the nurse said is that the PIO should help and that they considered my lining to be at "the low end of normal." Everything I see says they want 7 mm at the minimum at this point, but whatevs.
And how bad is it that a big part of me could give a rats ass anymore?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your transfer is 2 days after mine! Maybe you're just more chilled about this cycle, and are letting yourself go with the flow a bit. If that's not giving a rats ass then that's ok. You're already on the ride, so let's just trust that the experts will ensure a safe journey.
ReplyDeleteI'm wish Ali - let's trust that your clinic knows what they're doing and wouldn't move forward unless they thought there was hope. I did a quick check on one of my fav infertility blogs ever - Fertility Lab Insider - and she posted something along these lines before: http://fertilitylabinsider.com/2012/06/q-from-u-endometrial-receptivity/. She basically says that there is not a single factor that can predict successful implantation (thickness isn't everything!) but that a lining above 7 mm is needed. So you have almost a week on the PIO before transfer - that's one night longer than I was on it before transfer, which can make a big difference! I remember reading somewhere that it can grow up to 1 mm/day!
ReplyDeleteGreat news. I was so happy to hear the doctors gave you the go ahead on this cycle!
ReplyDeleteI know you're not overly excited, but WOOHOO!! Very good news! Fingers crossed for a great transfer.
ReplyDeleteThis is good news! So excited for you, and fingers crossed everything looks good by Thursday!
ReplyDeleteHooray!! Feel like this cycle has taken forever to get here, can only imagine how you're feeling!!! Good luck and hope things keep looking up!!
ReplyDeleteI am right there with you as far as not giving a rats ass! I feel like Im going to the dentist. It hasnt hit me what we are actually attempting to do. My embies are day 3 also and growing as we speak as well, and I have a transfer tomorrow as well! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow... sending you good vibes. If you want a cycle buddy shoot me an email... klbrodowski at gmail.com. As Im not blogging about it because people in real life read my blog and drive me nuts!
ReplyDeleteI knww you were the same day and were hiding on your blog! I tried to send you a secret comment last night because I couldn't find your email address. Ha!
DeleteOh, I'm so glad your estrogen and progesterone levels were good and that they still consider your lining measurement to be in the normal range. Even if it is on the low side of normal, it sounds like it's still normal! :)
ReplyDelete