Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

September 7, 2012

Foto Friday

 
I am participating in EmHart's September Photo Challenge! I figured I'd save up my pics and post them on Fridays.  Here's week one.

Beginning: Here's everyone's favorite beginning, birth control pills! Little bastards that they are. 
 
Beginning
Fire:  A couple of years ago, my now husband sent me the photo labeled "Fire-Exhibit A" while I was in the middle of a rehearsal. It showed up on my little Blackberry, that had a 3in screen, with the title "It's really bad here, babe." I was pretty sure our house was burning down. Three families lost their brand new homes that night. They have not rebuilt. My fire photo shows what's left of their houses today and the building of new homes still going on around the empty lot.    
Fire-Exhibit A
Fire - the real photo.
White: One of my favorite things about my dog is the white splotch on her snout. I think it's where the angels bitch slapped her on the way down.  Oh come on!  I love my dog, but she was most certainly not kissed by any angel!
White
School:  I have quite the collection of old textbooks.  do I reference them ever?  No!  They are too friggin old!  So on my shelf they sit.
School
Pure:  In all honesty, I took this a billion (Okay, maybe 8) years ago.  So not only is it a lovely photo of the purity of water, it's full of pure honesty about my cheating soul.

Pure
Book:  This is a page from my favorite book "To Kill A Mockingbird."  Interestingly, when I opened it up, it came to a page where Dill and Scout were arguing about where babies came from.  Dill thinks you can order one and then row a boat over to a foggy island to pick them up.  Scout says that God drops  them down the chimney.  Then Dill remembers that "You get babies from each other."  Although he also thinks that there is a man who "has all these babies just waitin' to wake up."  Me too, Dill.  I have all of these babies just waitin' to wake up.

Book
 Golden:  Yay white wine!  And that's all there is to say about that!

Golden










7 comments:

  1. love these pics - thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten that bit from 'To Kill A Mockingbird'. I love the pics my dear, good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. I loathe BCPs but I love doggies and wine. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I have that same A&P book on my shelf! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annnnnd now I'm thirsty.

    Such a sweet quote from To Kill A Mockingbird; I didn't pay any attention to it the last time I read that book, when babies were far from my thoughts.

    And I love that cute doggie face!

    ReplyDelete