They retrieved 19 eggs this morning. Everything went well and I'm very happy with that number. 26 didn't work last time so lets hope these are a good quality 19!
I'm still kinda dizzy and goofed up so I'm going to step away from the computer, but I wanted to make sure I posted an update!
Oh yeah - they told me their generator is enough that everything would have been a go today even if power didn't go back on. Hopefully that is not information I will ever need to know again!
And oh yeah again - I guess we're all too loopy afterwards to give a solid account of the retrieval process, but they really effing hurt. Sedation is not a complete putter-outter, my friends. You can feel some of that shit and needles through the va-jay-jay cannot be described as... pressure. I for one remember bits and pieces. I had a female attending today so I think that helped a lot. It was not as bad as last time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 sounds like a fabulous number! I'm glad you took the time to update and hope you are taking it easy. :-)
ReplyDelete19 sounds good! Hopefully one of those is your baby!!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo - awesome number! Hope they're all great quality and you get a good fertilization report!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a GREAT number! =D
ReplyDelete19 is an amazing number!! Rest up and I'm sure the fertilization report will be great!
ReplyDeleteGreat news. I was curious, did you RE change anything on this ivf verses your first round?
ReplyDeleteNot really. We're adding ICSI and I had a lap and hysteroscopy last month so we're helping that a good endo cleaning helps as well. My protocol was the same, but I feel like I responded much better. My E2 stalled out last time and this time it didn't.
Delete19 eggs!! Woohoo! Fingers crossed that you get lots of mature ones that fertilize today. Well done on getting through the retrieval (even though you're in pain). Rest up x
ReplyDelete19 eggs! That's amazing! Fingers crossed that you get GREAT fertilization report!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! 19! Praying for great fertilization!
ReplyDelete19 sounds perfect! Hopefully you get a great fertilization rate tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
ReplyDelete19 sounds great...the most I ever got was 9!!!! And I am so sorry you actually felt some of that...for both of my retrievals...I don't remember anything at all and had no pain or discomfort afterwards. You need to tell them to give you more of the juice!
ReplyDeletekd
Congrats on the retrieval. 19 is awesome. Here's wishing for much success for the transfer.
ReplyDeleteYay! Go little eggies!!!
ReplyDelete19! Omg. You are amazing at egg production! Jealous right here. I hope they're fertilising beautifully. Rest up. :)
ReplyDeleteExcellent! And nice to know that electricity doesn't need to be on your list of worries.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations my dear, 19 is a great number. Fingers crossed for the next step.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Praying that ICSI is the missing piece of the puzzle for you.
ReplyDeleteWow 19 sounds amazing! Hope they are of super duper quality! And fab news that they got the power back, what a scare! Popping over from ICLW (#54) and looking forward to following your journey.
ReplyDeleteWay to go, eggs! Fingers crossed for an excellent fert report.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteAn ICLW Visit from #63
liddy @ the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, 1st 2ww)