I was sitting at work, minding my own business, when the power went out. Oh tee hee, how funny. We all get to go home.
Driving home, I noticed that the power outage was major. Super major. Then I remembered that my clinic is on the same street. The clinic does not have power. My retrieval is scheduled for 9 AM tomorrow.
There are about 15,000 people in the area without power and they don't know when it will be turned back on. That in itself is a bad sign around here. They at least string you along hour by hour.
I'm not sure if they have generators or what. I mean I'm sure they have some for the embryology lab, but for the procedure room too? Maybe? Hopefully?
The phones must not be working at the clinic because when I called it went to the "the clinic is now closed" message before the clinic was actually closed. I'm trying not to lose my shit.
Please, please, please, please power people. Get to my clinic and get the power back on. I've got a shit load of eggs and nowhere else to lay them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh gosh, that is scary. I will cross everything that it is all ok for the retrieval. By the way, thanks again for my treats!
ReplyDeleteHoping that the lights are back on quickly and retrieval goes on without a hitch. Good luck tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteHoping the power comes back on soon and everything goes smoothly! Lots of luck tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteAHH!! I hope the power comes back soon!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! Like on top of everything else, you need that stress? Hoping so hard everything is ready tomorrow, even if it's all via generator!
ReplyDeleteICLW #27
Keep us posted!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so scary! Maybe email would work better since phones are still on? I bet they have scenarios for this, but it would be really nice to already know it so you don't have to completely freak out! We had a huge power outage in our area last year that was not caused by a storm and the power was on after about 12 hours.
ReplyDeleteOh my god are you serious???? Like the stats of egg retrieval isn't enough on its own!! Please update us and let s know what happens...thinking of you. If this ends up being your cycle, what a story you will have :)
ReplyDeleteOh my GOD - I hope the power comes back on! I'd be panicked too! There has got to be a plan B, a neighboring clinic or hospital you can go to? Can you email your RE or anyone else at your clinic? Hope this gets figured out and is not a problem come tomorrow! So sorry you have to deal with this!!
ReplyDeleteI would completely freak out too! I will be keeping you in my thoughts dear!
ReplyDelete