Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

July 17, 2012

I Am Just Too Obnoxious


IVF #2 is proving to be rough.  I don’t know if it’s because of the drugs or because of the emotions involved.  I’m thinking it’s more of the latter.  

On Sunday, I burst into tears at the grocery store for no apparent reason.  When I got home, I burst into tears again over bursting into tears at the store.  Last night, I had the giggles and the sense of humor of a 6th grade boy.  I was turning anything and everything I heard on TV into a double entendre and laughing my head off at how funny I was.  J was just laughing at me laughing.  The jokes were really not funny.  Today, I am so freakin’ crabby that I don’t even want to be around myself.  I have gone into the bathroom to cry a few times.  Just little tears, no ugly crying.  An example of my ugliness?  It is my research day and one of my coworkers suggested I see one of her patients for her.  It took everything I had not to go into a raging “DON’T TAKE MY RESEARCH TIME FROM ME YOU EVIL BITCH” fit.  She really thought she was doing me a favor.  There was no bitch intent.

Physically, I’ve managed to get a bruise in every injection spot.  Sunday night, I bolted up in bed at 5 AM to throw up and eventually woke up with a raging headache and the shakes.  Methinks the physical stuff is because I got a bit cocky since things went so smoothly last round and didn’t drink the water I should have.  Yesterday I substituted a bottle with Gatorade and have been feeling fine since.

But it gets worse, friends.  It gets worse.  Last night, I had dinner with a lovely single friend.  She has the worst luck finding men.  She was asking if I had run into anyone worth setting her up with lately, and all I could think of were the two fellows at my clinic.  She works for the same hospital, they are really nice guys – it would be perfect!  Very obnoxious of me, right?  Now, I have no idea if these guys are single or not and have no idea how to find out.  There really is no opportune moment or good way to ask when they are all up in your lady parts.  When the IVF nurse called to confirm my appointment today, I thought about asking her.  Then I thought the best bet might be to ask one of the CMAs when they are doing a blood draw.  They’d probably just laugh at me.  What do you think?  To obnoxious or do I play matchmaker?

6 comments:

  1. HAHAHA I can imagine the conversation, with your feet in stirrups, "by the way, are you single?" Awesome. I'm not sure how to go about that one..! If you do it, would you please please please write about how it goes? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully these are just the beginning of many more mood swings to come...and I mean that in the nicest way possible :) I really hope this is the cycle that you get you BFP!! Also, play matchmaker, I totally would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for matchmaking! And if it all goes terribly wrong, just blame it on the hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the comments are awesome! Ditto on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a basket-case this time around - I am not even kidding you. A complete freaking mess. What is it about round 2?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of you and hope the side-effects calm down soon x

    ReplyDelete