It was an eventful morning, to say the least! They counted 40 follies. Yes, I said 40. 22 of them are over 14, so he's estimating that's how many mature eggs we'll get. Thank God for the Lupron trigger. Surprisingly, I'm hardly uncomfortable at all. I'm a bit bloated and my pants are tight. Seat belts are less than fun, but that's about it! Oh, it hurts to poop. Forgot that. I know you were dying to know. Anwho, triggering tonight, along with my trigger sister MGG, and retrieval is scheduled for Thursday. I had to divvy up my patients between my colleagues today. They're psyched for us, but not so psyched to take on my caseload on top of their own. C'est la vie! They all have shiny happy babies!
My thoughts can best be summed up by recapping a conversation with my mom...
Mom: So how are you feeling about everything?
Me: A lot of things.
Mom: I'll bet.
Me: I mean, they still haven't given me a diagnosis, so what if nothing fertilizes? What if nothing divides? What if I just have a bunch of empty follicles? What if I do get pregnant and I hyperstimulate while I'm out of town next week? What if I have 40 embryos and a Catholic nightmare? What if they accidentally transfer the embryo of the black couple who were getting their trigger instructions when I walked in?
Mom: Yeah. That's a lot of things that could happen, I guess. Hey, did you see Smash last night?
My thoughts exactly. It's too much crap to think about and I can't do a damned thing about any of it. So let's just watch obnoxious TV and move on!
Actually, my cousin was on Smash last night, which is kind of awesome. I didn't get to see it because I was at rehearsal. Apparently, he's in the ballet scene and it totally cheesing it behind the main character. I'm almost as excited to go home and watch it as I am to trigger!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

40! Wow, you are an egg machine! That is great news. I am so excited for you! Glad to hear that you are feeling good. xoxo
ReplyDeleteThe conversation with your mom made me laugh! I worried about them having the right "stuff" during every IUI.
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! 40 follicles is great, 20 mature eggs would be wonderful! Good luck!!!
ReplyDelete40? Oh my god! Here's me feeling huge with my piddly little 10!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you & MGG tonight. I so wish I was there with you. Stupid stalled E2. :(
Good luck! Can't wait to see how many of those 40 become shiny happy embryos!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you what a trooper to have that many follies and just feeling a little uncomfortable!! Good luck on Thursday!!
ReplyDeleteYAY on so many follies!!! :::crossing my fingers::: it'll all go very good!!! (I'd say perfectly - but does anything really go perfectly when you want it too - so maybe if I say very good - it will go perfectly!)
ReplyDeleteThat's cool about your cousin being on SMASH too :)
Stopping by from ICLW #86
40!!! That's amazing! Good luck with your retrieval on Thursday. Can't wait to hear how it all goes!
ReplyDeleteROCK ON Lady!! Good luck with everything :)
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!! AWESOME! Crossing my fingers everything goes smoothly and you get your BFP!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for massive progress from those massive numbers! Distract yourself with anything and everything. Good luck :-)
ReplyDelete40?
ReplyDeleteWow!
Hoping for a BFP for you.
#24
I hope last night's trigger was uneventful. Good luck tomorrow! You know I'll be praying for you both. :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a typical conversation with my mom. Fingers crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteHello from ICLW! Wishing and hoping the BEST for you on this IVF cycle!!! Sounds like there is a LOT of potential!!!! 22 mature eggs. Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWoW! Sounds like you may have a lot to work from! Hoping the fertilization goes as good as the follicle making!
ReplyDeleteHello from ICLW! Good luck with retrieval! I will be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the excellent follicle count! Best of luck with retrieval and transfer! Try to stay as comfortable and calm as possible, and keep every moment in your heart for posterity.
ReplyDelete