Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

April 12, 2012

Standing In Line

You know the feeling you get when you're standing in line for a roller coaster?  You've been waiting forever for the line to move, and after awhile you've had plenty of time to watch the coaster go through the twists and turns.  You've listened to the screech of the wheels on the track, they screams of the riders.  Then you get up to the gate, your car is coming into the station, and it's time to get on.  You have that little moment of panic where you feel stuck.  Where you worry about the bad things that could happen and that you can't turn back now.  You know it's going to be scary, but then it's going to be over.  You're either going to be exhilarated from the ride, or have a nasty case of whiplash.  That's where I'm at now.  Stims start Saturday and I'm coming up on the metaphorical gate.  I think I've decided that I'm going to sit down, make sure my safety belt is tightly fastened, throw up my arms, keep my eyes open, and get everything I can out of the ride. 

My clinic called today to confirm everything and remind me that I start medication Saturday.  It was nice of them and all, but I wonder if anyone ever says "Oh Lordy!  I totally forgot!"

4 comments:

  1. I know that feeling - I had it exactly yesterday when I did my first jab. You're going to be wonderful. Here if you need to vent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't forget to make a funny face when they take your picture at the bottom of the first big hill. :-)

    You are going to be GREAT, and we here in the peanut gallery will be cheering you on at every jab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel like us IF'ers are always waiting in a line and the TWW is the ride and either at the end of the ride you are super excited had a blast or you are puking. That was nice of your clinic but if you are like me you have things on every calender, at home, work and your phone

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wheeee! I'm so excited for you! Try to enjoy the ride, and I hope at the end of it you *are* puking--for all the right reasons!

    ReplyDelete