Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

April 22, 2012

Cookin' With Gas

Thanks for all of the positive comments.  I've come down off the ledge!

When I went to my ultrasound appointment today, I had a running list of questions in my head.  As soon as I heard Dr. Texas's voice in the hallway, I knew I didn't need my list.  That man is the best explainer ever.  I knew I would have all of my questions answered without even asking.  He asked how I was feeling and I said, "Well, I was feeling crampy and uncomfortable, but now I feel... well... normal."  He laughed and said, "I love when you guys complain about feeling normal.  You'd rather be bloated, constipated, and in pain. Maybe, we just have your dosage right."  Alright, we'll go with that.

It was SUPPOSED to be J's job to keep track of counting how many follicle diameters Dr. Texas was rattling off.  I didn't care too much about the sizes, just wanted a count.  Dr. Texas was talking to me about my estrogen and I wasn't keeping track of how many he was measuring.  So when he left, I asked J how many there were and he said, "Uhhh, a crap ton?  More than 12?"  Dude.  For real?  I'm thinking there were more than 20, but at this point, whatevs.  There were 2 measuring at 18 (J says there was one, but I'm not taking his word for it).  So things are moving!  I'm so happy!  Still waiting to hear was E2 was today.  I can't stop crying, so I'm guessing it's up.  They are thinking I will probably trigger Tuesday and have a Thursday retrieval.  Yippee!

The explanation I got was this... Well, first I got a little slap on the wrist for trying to look at info on the internet and getting myself all worried, THEN he gave me my explanation.  The goal in changing my meds was to encourage the big follies to keep growing and make the little ones calm down.  E2 looks like it stayed the same or even dropped a little because that happened.  Less follicles were dumping their tiny estrogen buckets into the big estrogen pool.  Only the bigger follicles were dumping their buckets, which is what we wanted to happen at that point.  I swear it made perfect sense when he was explaining it... while running the dildo cam.  It's a good thing I've gotten desensitized to these sorts of things.  "Let's discuss buckets and swimming pools... while I have a wand in your vagina."

9 comments:

  1. Yay that things are progressing!!! And so glad you got an explanation about your E2 levels, and that totally makes sense.

    And your husband dropping the ball on the follicle count totally made me laugh. That was my husband's one job too and he was terrible at it! I'd get a piece of paper from him with all sorts of cross-outs and illegible numbers. I finally took him off the job and just got a printout from the nurse - much more accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! That's great news! It's getting really close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over from ICLW...

    Great news, and awesome that your doc is so good at explaining how stuff is progressing... while working the dildo cam. BIG laugh at that. Isn't amazing how easy it is to get desensitized to stuff like that?

    Good luck on your next appointment, hope it's really good news and that everything is on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is pretty hilarious the desensitization we have towards the dildo cam. You're in basically the most vulnerable position possible in that office and you can carry on a conversation - pretty amazing.

    Glad you got some good news!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad things are progressing for you and you felt better after talking with your Dr today. May things continue to go well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when the docs explain away all the worry! I can't wait to hear how many they're able to retrieve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad yours went well - that's how mine was SUPPOSED to go, but guess who got the stalling E2 today? ME. See ya later Thursday egg pick up, now we're waiting to see if they perk up with a higher Puregon dose. Fingers crossed for Friday, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad your doctor was able to address your concerns. THRILLED to hear things are still looking good. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when doctors are so good at explaining things! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete