We had plenty of people rooting us on. I sent out a little email to 3 different people. Well 4, but one doesn't count because she's my nearest and dearest Farrah and knows everything anyway. Back to the email. I just gave an update that things weren't going as we had hoped and we are going to be doing IVF. I asked for continued support. I asked for emails or phone calls about what's going on in their lives so we can talk about things that don't involve my uterus. For two of my friends, I even talked about how worried I was that this whole thing is changing our relationship. Crickets. I haven't heard a damned reply from any of them (except Farrah, of course).
I don't know if they're sick of hearing of it or if we're being judged for our choice. I suspect it's the latter and that hurts. But it hurts badly enough that I can't even dive into figuring out what if anything to do about it. I have a 3D sono and IVF school this week. That's what I want to focus on.
So I'm sorry I'm a sucky blogger right now. I will get back on track. I will comment on all the good, bad, and ugly and I have been thinking about you all. I will also write something witty and fantastic soon. :/
On a happier note - my hair is awesome. All these hormones and prenatal vitamins have made it suddenly really thick and long. I'm letting it grow for entertainment value. Also, I love Peeps. This year, someone decided it would be awesome to make chocolate mousse Peeps and then dip their little asses in chocolate. I would like to find that person and kiss him or her on the mouth.
![]() |
| Yay Peeps! |


I have been meaning to ask... what do you call half hapa babies? I have been calling mine hapa hapas... Just wondering if you knew the proper term.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with IVF!
ReplyDeleteGirl, please. You're not a bad blogger, life is just getting in the way. I took two weeks off when my sister died and am just now getting back into the swing of things.
ReplyDeleteIf people are judging you for going through with IVF, then eff them. Pardon my slang, but come on. This is your life, you live it how you choose!
Peeps are my fav Easter candy! Brightly color marshmallow is so underrated.
I've been checking your blog daily wondering how things are going. Sorry you are not receiving the support you need from your real-life friends. Let us know how we can support you more! Thinking of you lots.
ReplyDeleteYou're not a bad blogger. You've got a lot going on, and you absolutely should be focused on your upcoming IVF. I'm sorry your friends aren't being supportive. That sucks. I feel like some people (who know what we're going through) don't know how to act normal around me/us. I hope your friends can get their acts together and be there for you, but if not, I agree with BWeezy. Their loss.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with IVF! I'm sorry about the lack of support from people IRL. Because I'm one of disgusting people that see the good in everyone, I like to think it's because they don't know what else to do or say after awhile. And that it's hard for them too because they want me to get pregnant almost as badly as I do. Not that they don't love or support me. So I'm hoping that's what's happening in your case. But that's why you have us, right? I'm totally rooting you on!! And not just because I'm Hapa myself. ;-) I will be following along.
ReplyDeleteUgh, that's tough. I've been at a similar place with one particular friend, where I put myself out there emotionally and honestly and just got silence in return. It hurts, there's just no two ways about it. I hope your friends get back to you and you find a way to connect. If they are judging you for your IVF choice though, wow, that's truly terrible. Who does that?? I hope (for them as much as for you) that is not the case.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about the radio silence from your friends. Nothing like reinforcing the impression that we're in this all by ourselves, eh? It really shouldn't be all on you to keep these friendships alive, and I would like to give these folks a stern talking-to on your behalf. Stern, I tell you. On another note, best of luck on your IVF. My fingers are crossed so tight for you!
ReplyDeleteYou are not a bad blogger by any means, days go by and we get busy! I don't find it fair when we are judged by the path to which we choose to have a baby and please don't let those individuals bring you down! On a whole other note, I must be one of the few in this world who CANNOT stand peeps. Something about a little marshmellow bird looking at me as I'm eating just doesn't work for me lol
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the lack of support from friends and family :( Is it possible that rather than judging they just have no idea what to say? In any case it still feels crappy. :(
ReplyDeleteOh peeps. Chocolate peeps sound heavenly!
hang in there honey bunch and try to keep focused on the IVF coming up. glad you are taking lots of vits and looking after yourself. Maybe your friends just need a bit of time before they will respond xx
ReplyDeleteI'm going to comment here since I have also been sucking at ICLW this week. I want a chocolate mousse peep. The ones in your post are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteHopefully the people you updated just don't know what to say and aren't judging. Hopefully. Take care!