IVF Class was today. Holy moly. We're still feeling very overwhelmed. It was a little odd being with other couples. I mean, they were nice people and all, and I get the thought behind it, but it's hard not sit and wonder which of us will get pregnant, and which won't. Aside from that, my clinic is awesome and they are all so kind and invested. They talk like this is going to work. They say things like, "when you get your positive test." It's just nice to be around such positivity.
Since we are who we are, and I can't feel settled until all the ducks are in a row, things are still up in the air. We aren't sure on a start date, and since I have an out of town conference coming up, that's a problem. It's the one friggin' time a year that I go out of town for work. ONE TIME! We're hoping we'll be able to start next Saturday to avoid all that business. Also, my doctor didn't put a Folistim dose on my instruction sheet or anywhere in my chart before he left the country for two weeks, so we can't get started on my med order. I have to get my meds through my insurance company's pharmacy, and it usually takes a week from order to meds in hand. AND I have to get my most recent pap results from my Gyno. I'm a couple of months overdue, but I've never had an issue, so hopefully it's fine, but of course I'm anxious about that. I don't want to have to try to get another one in the next week or so. The last one will be under my maiden name, which just makes it more complicated. Oh, and apparently they've decided I'm at a high risk of OHSS so I'm doing a Lupron trigger. All the sudden, I'm just scared. It's a lot of shots, a lot of hormones, a lot of everything, and I'm pissed that we have to do any of it.
So here's some damned pictures! I'm still super behind so I'll give them to you in small doses. I'm missing one in this batch, but I will catch up before the month is finished!!! I WILL!!!
 |
| Morning |
 |
| Build |
 |
| Button. This is my computer screen. When I push that green button, I make a kid hear. It's the best button ever. |
 |
| Green |
 |
| Numbers |
I'm so in the exact same place as you! Overwhelmed. That will probably be my next post title. It's just so much info mixed with a lot of uncertainty. I hope you figure out your dates!
ReplyDeleteI'm pissed for you too that you have to go through this. But you are so strong, and you've made it so far already... you'll be able to make it through this. I'm rooting you on!
ReplyDeleteSorry this is just all overwhelming, it is overwhelming me just reading it. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck on your upcoming IVF. It's overwhelming and scary but somehow doable.In the end we can manage more that we think. Take one day at a time..
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW.
I hear you. It is a lot. And scary. And overwhelming. But if it goes well (and I have no doubt that it will) it could be kind of great, right? I know you'll get through it. :)
ReplyDeleteI totally get what you are feeling right now. I had these feelings too with my first cycle. It IS overwhelming and it is totally OK to feel that way. Once you have digested all the information, things will settle down and then, when you actually do the cycle, you will see, all will be well. Just take it all one day at a time. You are being so strong and brave!!
ReplyDeleteThanks. That's what I keep thinking. Once I just get started, it will be fine. I just need to get out of my own head!
DeleteOh, there are a lot of ducks to put into that row, aren't there? And they run around and squabble and fight with each other. This is why I have always been a proponent of the "get all the ducks in the same ZIP code, shut my eyes, and take the plunge" method.
ReplyDeleteOK, now that I have officially ruined the duck image for everyone...
All I can say is, GO YOU. This is such a huge step you're taking, and you're handling it in such a focused way. So impressive.
Okay, that's hilarious. Here's to hoping that the ducks don't attack!
DeleteStill thinking of you lots! Hope this weekend is refreshing for your soul and body. *Hugs*
ReplyDeleteEeeek! This is very overwhelming stuff, but it will fall into place once everything gets settled. Good luck!
ReplyDelete