Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

November 3, 2011

Relationship Changes

One thing I'm having a tough time with is how my relationships with friends are changing.  Some of them I just see differently because they seem to take their families for granted in my newly infertile eyes.  Some are going through pregnancies and are caught up in their own lives (understandably) and I have a hard time relating.  Some have disappeared altogether since I mentioned our struggles.  I don't know if it made them uncomfortable or what, but the disappearances hurt the most of all.

I've made some new relationships too.  With other people who have struggled with infertility.  They have been surprising and I'm grateful for them.

What is amazing, though, is the friends I knew I had, but have taken for granted.  The ones who are reading this blog even though it's often kind of a downer (you know who you are, my dears).  The ones who put up with me being teary and self-involved at the moment.  I'm a lucky girl, I must say, and I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment