Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

October 21, 2012

October ICLW

Welcome to my corner of the blogosphere. I wish I could give you a happy hearty welcome, but things have been a bit sad for us the past week.  Here's the bulleted lowdown:

  • Started trying almost 2 years ago.
  • Started treatment a little over a year ago.
  • Have done 3 IUIs, 2 fresh IVFs, and 1 FET.  
  • Never had a positive pregnancy test.
  • I have endometriosis (stage II removed in June), but we aren't sure if all of the epic failure can be chalked up to that.
  • Our WTF is in another week.  If there is something different to try, we will try a fresh cycle after the new year.  If there isn't, we'll do a Hail Mary transfer with our remaining frostie and end treatment then.

This week has been rough.  Both my husband, J, and I will randomly break into tears.  We're feeling very lost and frightened about the prospect of what comes next.  We have decided to live a child free life if treatment doesn't work out.

And that's the spiel   I'm generally a pretty happy person, just not in a very happy place at the moment.  It will get better... promise.

10 comments:

  1. It's a scary place to be at. I hope the appointment will give you the answers you need for what to do next. It's not easy decisions to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that any of us have to go through any of this. I'm so sorry. We are doing our hail mary in January, then live child free if it doesn't work. If you haven't already read this it is worth checking out. "Sweet Grapes: How to Stop Being Infertile and Start Living Again". It really really helped us in "seeing" life after stopping treatment and making it ok to be happy without children. I hope and pray you guys get your BFP instead though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When a hail mary works, its amazing! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you get some answers and that your last little frostie gets you a positive test. Cheering you on and wishing you the best

    Love,
    Kayla
    ICLW #59

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from ICLW. I have endometriosis stage III. My husband and I too randomly break into tears and its always worse when we hear the baby music playing at the hospital announcing the new arrivals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you lots of big hugs. I want so badly for you to get that positive pregnancy test. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge hugs, just know I am thinking about you, and I am so sorry you are going through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you hope and a positive pregnancy test! It is a challenge to stay strong when something that effects your life so much is so out of your control. Sending hugs to you in this scary unknown time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from ICLW.

    Ugh. This place sucks, I know it so well. Huge hugs.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so so so sorry for you two!!! I seriously want you to have little hapa babies, like, years (even though I've only been following for several months lol) ago!!!!! I cannot imagine the disappointment and pain and look forward to celebrating with you in the future. I know you will have babies. Til then, know that you are in my heart and daily thoughts and I'm totally hear for you!

    ReplyDelete