Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

June 23, 2012

Why I Almost Cried In The Bathroom At Office Max

Today, while the hubmeister and I were shopping for his new home office, I got a little teary.  Was Office Max full of infants?  No.  Did I have a moment of sadness because the new office is going in a potential nursery?  No.  I cried because I got my period... and these were tears of joy.

I wasn't happy because CD 1 means we can get IVF #2 going.  I was teary because I just stumbled upon my period.  It wasn't heralded by a very real need for a Vicodin to avoid a day in the fetal position.  I didn't have four days of spotting to let me know it was coming.  I just went to the bathroom and there it was.  Friends, I have had zero pain.  ZERO.  I'm shocked, amazed, and thankful.  I was able to work on the new room and shop all day and I was so happy to be doing so.

I had no idea that it was supposed to be like this.  It's not even an issue.  It's like... well... it's like what the nuns told us it was going to be like back in 5th grade.  So here's my PSA:  If you think that "womanly flow" is akin to more of a Mount Vesuvius and molten lava event than a stream, you should mention it to your doctor.  If the start of your period means you fear a #2 because you know it's going to hurt like a mother, you should mention it to your doctor.  If the first person to give you prescription pain meds for your period was your pediatrician, you should mention it to your doctor.

The surgery was completely worth the lack of pain I'm now feeling.  Even if it doesn't help my fertility, I'm so glad I did it.  So glad.

8 comments:

  1. So glad AF is here, pain free.

    Congratulations! May it be the start of positive things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL! I hope this is a sign of good things to come, if at the very least more periods like this (but hopefully more exciting good things) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! (And I never thought I'd be cheering for a period.) I hope this is the first of many good things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you can rejoice in this! Usually AF brings so many mixed emotions and I'm glad that you can celebrate a pain free period!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a happy post - so glad you're finally getting to feel what a real period SHOULD feel like! Hopefully it's the start of a turning tide for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH!!! YAY!!! A pain-free period is pretty miraculous, isn't it?! I'm so very happy for you! It took me two surgeries to get off of vicodin and acupuncture (just recently) to have no cramps and freely go #2! I understand your joy completely and I'm soooo glad for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is amazing! I hope this is the start of many great things to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so wonderful to hear! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete