Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

June 17, 2012

Prometheus

If you didn't see this movie yet and you actually want to for some ungodly reason, you probably don't want to read this post.  Or maybe you do so that you can get a heads up.  Not only did the storyline defy logical human behavior on several occasions... we're on to the spoiler now... you've been warned...

...but what the hell was up with the infertility line thrown in there?  Did she really have to be infertile? The story could have worked without that crap.  Unless the screenwriters were a group of THOSE people.  You know the ones.  The people who think that infertile people are infertile for a reason and shouldn't try to procreate. 

After all, if the situation presents itself, an infertile woman could, in all probability, become impregnated with an alien baby.

4 comments:

  1. I saw it last weekend and said to my husband, I guess there is a chance we could get pregnant with an alien! I was so pissed that infertility was thrown into that movie. I was having one of those days where I wasn't even thinking about this and then bam, in my face (in 3D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm my Hubby saw it last weekend and didn't say a word about it. I will have to ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw this movie when it came out and that part when the arrogant scientist is talking about "creating life" and her replies about not being able to "create life", I rolled my eyes and whispered to my hubby 'How much do you want to bet she will get impregnanted by the alien?' Hubs turned replied, 'Oh she will, I just find it interesting that in 2094 they still haven't found a cure for infertility'.

    I didn't see the point of revealing to the audience that she was infertile. That bit of info wasn't needed at all. It was a very poor, horribly executed plot device.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The infertility thing was essential for the "immaculate conception" thread woven in with the other biblical parallels in the movie. Check out this article: http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html Makes me actually want to see it again, despite the logic-defying behavior. Fortunately I can suspend my disbelief when there are aliens and Michael Fassbender involved. ;)

    ReplyDelete