Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

June 5, 2012

Owie

I am very good at getting UTIs.  So when I tried to go before bed last night and it burned and not much came out, I was a tad bit worried.  When it happened again this morning, I called the clinic.  They had me come in for a urinalysis.  Thankfully, it was negative.  Just a little blood in there.  They're sending it for culture, just in case, but it's just part of healing, it seems.  I kind of felt like a hypochondriac, but better safe than sorry, right?  And since I was near J's office, we got to have lunch.  I'm now totally wiped.  I'm still going to try to go to work tomorrow because I am bored out of my gourd.

Aside from being tired, things aren't so bad.   I'm a little sore, it hurts when I first get up, still bleeding some, I'm still bloaty and... round, but overall the belly area is on the mend.  The bad part... I've got a canker sore the size of Texas right next to my uvula.  It hurts to swallow, it hurts to talk, sometimes breathing hurts.  This thing is a bitch.  I'm good at getting canker sores too, so I'm assuming that the anesthesiologist nicked me when he was intubating me, I got an owie and now it' s a canker sore.  Ugh!  I hate mouth owies.

3 comments:

  1. If you go to work tomorrow would you be okay with going home early if you need to? Because it sounds like you are still super low energy, and you need to heal! Take care of yourself <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, sounds awful!! My husband always gets canker sores and they seem so uncomfortable. Be good to yourself over these next few days! Hope your day back at work is uneventful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouth owies are the worst! Of course, I've never had a lap. Take it easy at work tomorrow. I'm glad you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete