Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

January 8, 2012

I'm Just Gunna Go Ahead and Do It...

I'm gunna brag.  That's all this post will be about.  You've been forewarned.

I WROTE A RESEARCH PAPER AND IT'S BEING PUBLISHED!!!

Not just in any journal either.  A top tier journal that our director told me to submit it to even though I was being a giant chicken and wanted to submit it to a lamer journal since this was my first paper.

I've always wanted to do a little research.  I figure that it's one thing to help some deaf kids, but it's another thing to help kids in other clinics by doing an actual research study and publishing it.  So three years ago, I started collecting data.  Two years ago I started writing it up.  One year ago I submitted it for peer review, and the other day I learned that it's going to be published.  I am so freakin' proud of myself I'm farting rainbows. 

I'm nothing if not classy.

The husband and I celebrated with Ben and Jerry and a good time was had by all.  I've already started collecting data for the next one.  Hopefully it won't take three years this time!

Thanks for indulging me!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fart those rainbows!!!! That is awesome! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, congrats! It will be so cool to see your name in print, ooooh and you can search for yourself on the journal searches like sage and ebsco, super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete