Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

January 30, 2012

Holy Crap on a Stick

Had my monitoring appointment today.  He started on the right and he said "Woah. Big response here.  Is this your first time adding injectables?"  Um, no.

He started counting... 14.5,  16, another 14.5, 18

I looked at the nurse (my favorite nurse) and said "He's still on the right?"  She just mumbled, "Mmmhmmm"

24 (!), 10

When the doc has to ask the nurse, "You've got 5 written down, right?  Aside from the 10?"  You know that isn't good.

He finished with the right and favorite nurse said "Please, tell me the left isn't doing anything."  He got to the left and just said "Thank God."

Enter small sigh of relief.

So we had to actually have a conversation about multiples.  I had to say I was comfortable talking about reducing to twins if we were to end up with triplets.  I'm only 4'11" so triplets are out of the question.  J wasn't there, and since we'd need to trigger tonight (hello, 24) I had to make a decision.  I decided to go for it.

He said had this cycle been purely injectables, we'd cancel it, but since I did a combo, chances of multiples are smaller.  He actually said "At your young age and with as healthy as your ovaries look, twins are a very real possibility."  It was really hard for me not to laugh.  Really dude?  If things are looking that rosy, why am I sitting here half naked right now at all.  I called J from the parking lot and we both agreed, the chances of me getting pregnant at all are still so slim that we'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.  I had 4 follicles last month and that didn't work - so what's one more?  The 14.5s probably won't go anyway, right?  Favorite nurse didn't seem to think so.

Obviously, ovulation is not the problem here.

So I trigger tonight (brought the shot with me so I can do it during rehearsal - weird) and we IUI it on Wednesday.

Why is this never friggin' straight forward AT ALL?

9 comments:

  1. Good call. We'll take all the chances we can get!! I really hate how it's never straight forward either... the second one thing seems to act normal and we think we're on track, something else goes completely out of whack. Fingers crossed for a glitch free IUI and lots of eggs droppin like it's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us would take twins if we could get them, right? I'm glad everything is "working" and hope it all goes smoothly...I'm 3 dpiui myself with a 21, 17, and 14.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call, I would have done the same thing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes good call. More eggs more chances. Crossing fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Triplets? Dibs! (I'm just teasing. My friend is only 4'8 and I'm constantly afraid she will get preggo with a solo! So 3 at 4'11 would be...lots of fun.)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll wait it out, see which one cries the most, and send you that one!

      Delete
  6. Hoping all goes well on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is desperate for twins or triplets, but mostly because he wants to do "observational" studies on them! (We're nowhere near getting pregnant at all.) Good luck on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete