I'm a planner. This seems to be a theme among infertile women which is a shame because it often comes back to bite us in the ass. When we decided to start "trying," I of course needed to make a mock baby budget. To do that, I had to find out what day care runs in my area. I googled and googled and couldn't find anything solid to go on. So, I joined the area online "mommy group." It was an online forum and I figured I could ask there. I had to be approved for this elitist shit. I thought it was odd, but I didn't really care. I'd be one of them soon enough. When I got into the group, I found out it was mostly SAHMs. There was an elitist jerk-face "working moms" group inside the elitist jerk-face "mommy group" that you had to join separately. There were rules and crap about how much posting you had to have done, etc before they would let you in. I figured that was a little more than I cared, so I stopped trying to figure it out and just did the normal thing and asked friends (duh).
Today I got an email from the group that I'm being booted due to inactivity. Since I'm super crabby from the Prometrium, I was thinking of writing the following:
Dear Elitist Jerk-Face Mommy Group Administrator,
Really? You have to kick me off because I haven't been on your "Oh-so important" forum enough? I've been too busy trying to actually become a "mommy" to give a flying f&#* about what you pampered SAHMs are up to. That means I have to work really hard so I can pay for fertility treatment. Do you know what that's like? Not actually knowing if you will ever be a "mommy?" It blows. It's heart wrenching. When you get a notice from an elitist jerk-face "mommy" group telling you that you aren't cool enough to be in their club because you've spent too much time trying to become a "mommy" and not enough time actually being one, it hurts more. So you can take your membership and your condescending emails and shove them where the sun don't shine.
Sincerely,
An Angry Infertile Woman
PS "Mommy" is a dumb word. You're grown women for crap's sake.
Maybe I should just delete the email instead.
January 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh but even I would feel a sense of satisfaction know that was sent, haha!
ReplyDeleteWhat is wrong with this world? Seriously, I hate sanctimonious shit like that.
ReplyDeleteI cannot even wrap my head around this. Not because I'm not a mommy yet but because I'm not an asshole, apparently. :) Good riddance!
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Maybe you should delete it ... maybe you could write a less angry one in a few hours and send that one instead ... whichever! In any case, that sucks, why do they need to delete people? What's the harm in keeping you on, even if you're a lurker?
ReplyDeleteI feel your frustration.
ReplyDeleteLove it! Thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA! This is so awesome... particularly because I did the SAME THING! Once we began trying I found the local online Mom's group and joined. I get several email updates every week and just delete them before reading so I don't get any painful reminders of not being a mother. It's ridiculous... I should just quit. I totally vote you send the email!!!
ReplyDelete