I'm off to a conference for a few days. I'll be giving a talk on Saturday so say a little prayer that I don't trip or make references to Flavor Flav. I actually did that in a professional talk once. I think 3 people knew who I was talking about. I've got a couple of posts lined up to publish while I'm gone... so I'm not blogging clandestinely in my hotel room while my co-workers are begging to use my laptop so they can Skype with their children.
My mom was asking me today about my POAS plans. I'm not planning to do it. I'm planning to stick with J's "Man-mandate." In case you missed that one, it's when you wait until the for real and for true test day, in this case the beta, to avoid uncertainty and possible multiple sad days. It's a "Man-mandate" because when he invented this gem, he was pulling his "man card" and demanding that I not test. It was hilarious, what with the demanding and all. My mom's response? "Well, if you can wait, I can too." Ummm, good thing, because it's not like she can fly down here and force me to pee on anything. I share way too much with that woman.
On another note, anyone use Vivelle dots or any other sort of estrogen patches and have tips to share? I canNOT get that dang adhesive off of my belly. I've used rubbing alcohol and I've rubbed my skin raw in the shower. Plus, my pants keep rubbing on the adhesive around the patches I'm wearing, making lovely fuzzy black marks all over the place. I look like a dirty kid and I have to change these things to new places every 2 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I use Vivelle dots and had the exact same problem. I thought at first that I must just be really dirty! Anyways, I stumbled across a solution - azulene oil. It's the blue oil that came with my at home waxing strips kit but you can also buy it separately. It works like a charm!
ReplyDeleteLOL "If you can wait, I can too." That is awesome. She could fly down and steal some blood when you're sleeping and test it for you.
ReplyDeleteHave a good time at the conference! Maybe you will be distracted from symptom spotting. Right..?
I have a funny picture of your stomach! Have a good time at the conference. It should be a nice distraction!
ReplyDeleteHope the conference goes well. When is your beta? Hoping, hoping for you!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're a saint to wait! I got similar comments from my mom about poas... You'd have thought she was the one peeing! And I'm glad that someone allready gave you a ligit answer on your sticky patches because I was going to recommend goo gone...
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely trip! I'm waiting to test too... for the first time in my life. Should be interesting.
ReplyDeleteIs it bad that I kind of hope you mention Flava Flav during your talk??? ;)
I've been wearing Climara patches for the past week but was told to keep it on for two weeks so I don't have any recommendations on taking them off. BUT, I do know about those black fuzzies around the patches. They always catch my eye in the mirror. Disgusting!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip and you are my hero for not testing.
Good luck with the conference! Hopefully it keeps your mind off your tww for a few days. Is your beta still scheduled for mother's day, cuz that's just not fair.
ReplyDeletePonds cold cream also works to remove the vivelle fuzzies! Good luck with your cycle!
ReplyDelete