Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

May 22, 2012

Torture


If you haven’t gone to give Belle and Pip some love, please do so stat.  She’s needing support right now in a major way.
******************************

I’m waiting for two phone calls right now.  Walking around with my phone lodged on my hip all day has not been a good time.

First I’m waiting to hear from my RE.  Why am I waiting to hear from my RE?  I have no idea.  He called yesterday afternoon and left a message saying that he would call me today so we can “get things moving.”  When I talked to him last week, he told me to think about our options and then schedule an appointment for a sit down so we can make decisions about where to go next.  He said we should take our time and ponder things, so that’s what we were doing.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m ready to get moving, but he made it sound like we needed to sit tight and not do anything rash.  So we were being nice little rashless infertiles and made an appointment for his first available slot, two weeks from today.  Then he left me this random message.  Still waiting.

The second is even more torturous.  I was subpoenaed for a DSS hearing.  I’m on “standby” to testify, meaning that I only have to go in if they call me.  I can’t think of a more appropriate torture for a woman who can’t have kids.  Testifying in family court.  That should be right up there with waterboarding.  

I have a whole plan, though.  If I get the call, I will hurry and rent a van for the trip.  When I get there, I will gather up all the children I can find while muttering, “I NO CAN HAZ BABIEZ” over and over.  I’ll put them in the van, and take them home.  Maybe I’ll tease my hair for the occasion.

What? Not a good plan?  Jail time would be involved?  Children don’t actually attend DSS hearings?  Alright.  Fine.  Scratch that.

Sigh.

9 comments:

  1. Maybe you could tell the court that you might not be the best person to hear a case like that and they will dismiss you? Hope you are able to talk with your doctor soon, the waiting is a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the adult diaper, so you can drive there and back without stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely tease the hair, lol. Hang in there (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting to hear what the doctor is thinking?? Hope you can fill us in soon...thinking of you! Dealing wish DSS is never easy, but when you have to deal with them in addition to going through what you are going through, you're right, it does seem like torture.hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe he would say he's going to call and then leave you hanging...argh.

    As for the DSS hearing, teased hair (the bigger, the better) and van sound like the way to go...hehe.

    ICLW #65

    ReplyDelete
  6. There must be something in the water - we had our bad news, then I got summoned for jury duty over here in Sydney. Yeah. No. Seriously.

    DR needs to ring you back damnit, and fill you in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have zero patience, and IF took what miniscule amount I may have at times. Hopefully you get to talk to your Dr soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a FANTASTIC plan...... so how did the phone call go??? Inquiring minds want to know!!

    Annissa - ICLW #3

    ReplyDelete