Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

February 26, 2012

Less Than Stellar News

Of course when J was out of town I got bad news.  I didn't want to give him something to worry about while he was working so I waiting until he was home to talk with him.  I certainly didn't want to post anything until I talked with him.

My last CD3 FSH was 11.6

On Wed, the message my RE attached to the lab result I downloaded was "This is higher, but not dramatic.  Call me Thursday or Tuesday to talk."  So of course I called first thing Thurs and he didn't call back.  Now we're sitting here wondering...

I know it's not an end-of-the-world kind of FSH, but it certainly isn't a "you are a healthy almost 34 year old and should be pregnant with triplets any day now" kind of FSH.

This is our 3rd IUI.  If it doesn't work it's wise to move straight to IVF, yes?  How soon can we get started?  Does this put us at higher risk for chromosomal issues?  What does this do to our chances in general?  Are there supplements I should be taking?  Is this why my left ovary never does jack shit?  And again WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR OUR CHANCES IN GENERAL!?!?!?

Why do they leave us hanging?!?!??!

8 comments:

  1. I'm in the same situation. Three IUIs, no baby. Our next step is IVF. I'm apprehensive about IVF. I'm not sure what we're going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you have to wait until Tuesday to get some answers! I don't understand how doctors' offices don't get that their dealing with people who are already on edge. Please, don't make it worse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had FSH at 25 during my investigation cycle. The next month, I went back and it had lowered to 11.8. I hadn't started any herbal treatments yet. FSH can fluctuate. Also to note, on the cycle where my FSH was 11.8 I got pregnant :)

    I'm still really early on, but things are positive. FSH isn't a death sentence. They started me on DHEA and my natropath had me on Fermented cod-liver oil and tribulus forte to help bring it down. Not sure if it worked or not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're not seeing an acupuncturist/herbalist yet, do that immediately. They can help balance FSH (and even lower) naturally with herbs and supplements. I'd do that right away.

    And DAMN those doctors and taking forever to get back to us. THIS IS LIFE OR DEATH FOR US!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GRRRR, I hate when they leave us hanging like that!!

    ICLW #6

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope your RE gets back to you soon and you can get your questions answered. I'm sorry you're left hanging. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh shoot! Hope you hear some good and hopeful news tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember that hormone levels can and do fluctuate - I agree - this is not a death sentence. My AMH was borderline one month but it improved after accupuncture, evening primrose oil and royal jelly tablets 2 months later.... We did our first IVF and I had lots of good eggs on low stims and we got 3 day 5 embys. When I was first told about the low AMH I freaked and thought I had no eggs left at all! Hang in there. If your doc suggests IVF then I would say do it. I am here if you want to ask any questions. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete