My husband is out of town on business. This is the first time this has happened! I'm usually the one who has some conference to go to. Now he's the one out being all fancy pants and I DO NOT LIKE IT! At first, I was kind of psyched. I thought, "Yay! I can eat what I want when I want. I don't have to do the dishes if I don't feel like it. I can sleep in the middle of the bed. I will make my dog be happy eating dinner without a treat on top again. This will be swell!" Then, the first night I came home I was so dang lonely! Damned him and his fancy pants meeting!
I didn't eat his cookie even though it was tempting. I did the dishes AND put them away. I stayed on my side of the bed. And the dog got a treat in her bowl.
I'm addicted to life with my dude. And I can't say that I mind it one bit.
I still might eat that cookie, though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It sucks being the one left at home. I felt the same way when my husband first went on travel for work. I had a hard time sleeping. Hopefully he'll be home soon. You go and eat the cookie.
ReplyDeleteOh I hate being left alone. Even with a dog.. it's not the same. Mmm.. cookies sound good though.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is gone for 2 nights 2-3 weeks out of the month. I enjoy the first day, but I have to make sure to make plans for day 2...super lonely.
ReplyDeleteEat the cookie!! Cookies go bad after a day, right? You HAVE to eat it, or else it goes to waste. SACRIFICES!!
ReplyDeleteOh I hate it when my husband is out of town for any length of time. He travels for work so I'm used to it, but anything longer than 2 nights and I get lonely. Watch some chick flicks and terrible stuff on TV that he doesn't enjoy!
ReplyDeleteThis was me two months ago, when my husband was out of the country for two whole weeks! I also vote for eating the cookie and watching a lot of bad TV!
ReplyDeleteI totally know how this feels....
ReplyDelete