Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

December 21, 2012

@*&#^!

We were supposed to be getting on a plane to go see my family in a couple of hours, but our flight has been cancelled.  There are no other available flights until Sunday afternoon.  I get 2.5 days with my family.  We've spent all day trying to find a way to get there sooner or stay later, but it's not going to happen (unless all of my Thursday patients happened to call and cancel today... which did not happen).

Most frustrating?  A dear friend from back home planned a lunch for us with friends from GRADE SCHOOL just to cheer us up and now we'll miss it.  I only see my grade school friends every couple of years.  They are amazing people and yes it is awesome that we are still in touch (we had a last minute, thrown together reunion a couple years ago and out of our class of 23, 22 showed up.  Heck, people from other classes came).  I'll still get to see my friend since she lives nearby and hopefully I can get together with the others for some late night shenanigans, but she planned it all as a surprise and we had to ruin it.

I'm so disappointed!  UNIVERSE!!!!  YOU MAKE ME SO MAD!!!  It's like you just said, "Well hello Hapa Hopes family!  What's that?  You had a shitty year and are really looking forward to friend and family time?  I can't let that happen!  I shall send in a giant snow storm to fuck with you!"  Bite me Universe!  2013 is the Year of Betterness and you can suck it!

8 comments:

  1. That is crap! I am sorry that you are having time with your family taken away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. urgh! awful! hope you guys make it there in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. I hope something opens up sooner than Sunday and you are able to make it home to spend time with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid universe. I'm sorry the weather is fucking with your friend/family time. I'll be really glad when 2012 is over. 2013 is going to be our year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO! I'm so sorry....that storm caused all sorts of havoc for so many....I really REALLY hope the time you have with your family is wonderful & that this coming year brings you much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Son of a bitch this sucks! I am so sorry. Maybe you will get snowed in and get to spend more time at home? Safe travels when you get going. Have a Merry Christmas.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's terrible. 2012 truly needs to suck it.

    ReplyDelete