Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

August 13, 2012

You Guys Are Amazing

Thank you all so very very much for the comments and the emails over the last few days.  I wanted to respond to each comment, but I was just so overwhelmed.  They were all full of such amazing advice and support.  I swear if it weren't for you guys, I would be in the looney bin.  I think my husband would too since I pass all the messages on to him.  You've all made us feel so much better about the direction we're going in. I wish none of us ever had to meet, but I'm so glad we did.

I spoke with my RE today.  He pretty much had nothing for us.  No idea why I didn't get pregnant, and the only suggestion was to transfer three embryos next time (eek!)  Now, I really do like my actual RE - just not the practice.  I appreciate a guy who will give it to me straight.  He told me, "I don't know why you aren't getting pregnant.  You got perfect embryos this time... and you aren't THAT old."  Some people would be offended by that - not me.  I finally got to tell him how much better my life has been since the lap and he said, "Well, I'm glad, but that's gunna go away and I hope you get pregnant before then."  Hurts to hear, but the man is right.  I told him we are getting another opinion and he was fine about it.  Even gave us two recommendations - one is the doctor we are planning to see.  He said, "If they have any suggestions, please let me know what they are!"  He also said if we decided to come back we certainly could.  And believe it or not, we have an appointment for tomorrow with the new guy already.  I'm not sure if I will be able to get all of my records from the clinic tomorrow (since the nurses don't friggin' call back!), but since I'm anal as all get-out and keep my own notes and copies of everything, the receptionist at the new place thinks we'll be okay.  The only thing I don't think I have enough info on is the op report from my lap.  I have the pathology report, but not the op report.

Anyway, we had a nasty storm here the other night.  When it was all over, we were greeted with the most amazing sight.  The sky between the clouds was bright purple and there was a gigantic double rainbow spanning the neighborhood.  All the neighbors were out gawking and shooting photos.  I, of course, grabbed my camera and tried to fit as much of it into a frame as I could!  So I'll leave you with these:  The calm after the storm.

Thanks again, y'all.  You are the greatest.








13 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing! I think it's a sign that the consultation with your (potential) new RE will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are just gorgeous pictures and so dreamy looking! Good luck tomorrow with the new re! Always nice to get a fresh opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great, hopeful post. I am amazed that you got an appointment with New Doctor already -- this is a very, very good sign! :-) And good for you for keeping all of your own records. I always say I'm going to do that but somehow I never get everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're well organised for New Doctor - and I'm so happy to hear about it. Hoping that rainbow is a metaphor for your next fresh start. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that your current doctor even recommended a doctor you already were going to see :) A GOOD doctor isn't threatened when their patients want a second opinion! Things weren't working out and he was at a loss, which is a good (and totally reasonable!) time to get a fresh pair of eyes. Good luck with the new doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those pictures are so beautiful! Wow, I'm glad you get to see the new doctor so soon. I'm hoping it goes well and you will leave with renewed hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your appointment went well and your RE was very supportive. The pictures are beautiful and I am praying that it is a sign of wonderful things to come. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you and your hubby are able to keep moving forward, sometimes that's the best way to heal a broken heart. Hoping a new doctor will bring you a new plan that will be just what you need to get you your baby, in the mean time hang in there. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures! I am so sorry this try did not work, but I hope, like the others, that those post-storm rainbows are a sign of what is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great pictures! Hope the new doctor has some good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG your pictures are amazing!!! Can't believe you got an appointment that fast. I hope it went well and can't wait to hear all about it! Huge Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those photos are beautiful! Hope all went well with the new doc, who maybe has some new ideas. Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. we're in the same place this cycle. my ivf didnt work either. but, there are more tries and you still have some hope in the freezer:) (we had to do icsi too - my eggs apparently hate my husbands sperm as well, hahah!). hang in there and keep moving forward. and great pics!

    ReplyDelete