But you don't want to hear about that, you want to hear about the new RE!!! He is yet to be blog-named. I'm working on it. The man sat with us for an hour. AN HOUR, PEOPLE! That's 60 whole minutes in one sitting. I don't think Dr. Plethora has spent 60 cumulative minutes with us in the year we've been seeing him... at least not while I was conscious.
The new doc went through my file with us step by step. He laughed about how great it is to work with infertility patients because you can say, "What was your AMH?" or "What dose did you start your last cycle with?" and we can shout out a number without thinking. He talked about what he would have done differently in the past and what he would do in the future. He gave us a number of theories on why this cycle didn't work. I really appreciated how he talked with us about the possible impacts endometriosis has on infertility and what could have happened in our last cycle. He made it really easy to understand... well... he made the fact that we don't understand hardly anything about endo easy to understand. But at any rate, it's obvious that the lap has helped with embryo quality and we want to make hay and keep riding the coat-tails of a recently gutted gut. Here's what he would have done differently:
- Added LH to my stims. Apparently there is some research to support this.
- ICSI on round one - even though it didn't look like we needed it.
- Added some HCG to my trigger.
- Cultured to blasts.
- Added some HCG to the culture medium at transfer. Really cool to learn about.
The most exciting thing about our FET is that they are going to thaw the embies, culture them for two more days, and then transfer. If any are left, they will refreeze them! I didn't know you could refreeze!
So we're going to move our little kidsicles to the new clinic and do an FET. I started BCPs today. We have to take an FET class (Ugh! Enough with the classes! I'm pretty sure I've injected, ingested, and inserted it all!) and then we'll get our calendar. I can't get in to do the class until the first week of September because of my patient load, but c'est la vie. I'm tired of feel stressed about rushing to get things in so I'm not going to do it.
When we were leaving the new RE's office, he told us that he doesn't see any reason why I can't be pregnant and fully expects that I will be as long as we keep trying. That was good to hear. Then J looked up and noticed that one of his diplomas matches one of mine. I don't know how I missed that we shared an Alma mater. I was sold.
We met with the financial person, who was awesome. She had already called our insurance company to verify benefits and what we had left on our limits. She handles so much more for us than our old clinic did. Knowing that I wouldn't have to haggle for pre-auths made me want to cry. Then she walked us over to embryology to talk frozen embryo transport.
I emailed the new RE to tell him we were planning to go ahead with the new cycle and he answered me in a matter of minutes. I about fell over. I couldn't even leave a message for the old RE directly! We could only leave a message for the nurse and keep our fingers crossed. Heck, I called about moving our embies on Wednesday and STILL haven't gotten a call back. I feel like I'm in high school, trying to break up with a slacker boyfriend, and he won't even call me back so I can end it!
As soon as the old clinic calls me back (!^#*^#@$%$@), we're going to move the embies ourselves. I'm that type-A. I wonder if I can make an "Embryos on Board" sign to put on my car. Maybe a stick figure family with embryos on it?
We're moving forward... one step at a time.

This new RE sounds wonderful. It is an amazing feeling to have someone you feel comfortable with.
ReplyDeleteYay! So glad things are going well with your new RE! : )
ReplyDeleteYour new RE is wonderful. I loved working with him! So glad you're having a good experience with the new clinic.
ReplyDeleteI would've so been there with you on the Emby on Board sticker.
ReplyDeleteCan I just say how HAPPY I am that this guy has a plan - that he's given you the time for you both? I have good feelings about this, and your frozen embies are going to be great, I can tell. x
Aw, he sounds so great! I'm now starting to doubt my RE's skills... Glad you have some peace of mind.
ReplyDeleteThis new re sounds freaking amazeballs! I am so happy you see switching clinics too. Let me know if you have any questions on embryo tramsport. I've done all the homework for ours (which ship out on Monday)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like an awesome experience with your new RE. Yay for change and a new game plan!
ReplyDeleteOh this sounds so awesome and so promising. I bet it feels so good to even have people taking care of you and caring! I am so so happy for you hon! I'm bouncing around in my seat LOL!
ReplyDeleteOh, this post makes me so happy for you guys! It sounds like you've found a clinic and an RE that are really going to take care of you. Best of luck with the transfer!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are trudging forward and found an RE that is going to take good care of you. You deserve it, and you deserve for this next cycle to work out, thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteThe new RE sounds great!!! And I'm glad he is going to let the kidsicles develop for a couple more days before transfer, which is what you wanted from the other RE. It sounds like you're moving in a good direction!
ReplyDeleteHooray for a fantastic first appointment! The new RE sounds amazing and I hope that this new plan leads to very happy news soon! Good luck with the move. And just remember, 'breaking up is hard to do.'
ReplyDeleteThis doctor and his staff sound awesome! I'm so glad you feel better after having met with him and having put a new plan together. Now for some more good news!
ReplyDeleteomg - I am totally and utterly stoked for you! This is all fabulous news - yay yay yay!
ReplyDeleteOne step at a time, that is all we can do my dear. I am glad the new doc seems like a good'un.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a wonderful new beginning.
ReplyDeleteOh Thank God is all I have to say!!!! This new RE sounds like he actually WANTs to get you pregnant. And I love all his suggestions (especially the growing of the embryos to blast stage....soooo important)...and yes...you can re-freeze. I was very suprised by that too when I found out.
ReplyDeleteExcited to follow your new journey.
kd
This is great news! One step at a time. xoxo
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW...Very exciting...I am doing a FET as well and it is sooo simple as compared to a fresh cycle...only estogen patches and progesterone for me...good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteHi! The new RE sounds great! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI love the stick figure family with your embryos! That is great. :) Coming from ICLW...wanting to wish you the best of luck on this FET!
ReplyDelete