Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

May 8, 2013

Sweet Sixteen

Yowza!  It's been more than a month since I've posted?  I promise I have not turned my back on this community.  I've been reading and keeping up with all of you, it's just been unexpectedly busy around here.  Here's my month in bullet form:

  • I went for my colposcopy and the OB saw one spot on my cervix that was concerning.  She ended up doing a biopsy of two different areas.  I had a new kind of two week wait.  The "do I have cancer" kind.  I was freaked out enough that I did not want to blog or talk about it at all.  Happily, everything came back benign! I have a repeat pap at 28 weeks and I'm hoping the ASCUS will be gone.  A girl can hope.
  • Something is going on with J's father.  We think.  It's really hard to tell with the language barrier, cultural schism  and distance.  He's been seeing a lot of specialists and we're trying to get a grip on what's going on.  All his tests have come back fine... it's hard to know.
  • The tenant moved of out my old house (which we rent out) and we've been scrambling to get it all fixed up and back in shape on as little funds as possible.  I think we're almost done!  We've had to replace a whole floor.  Scratch that.  J had to replace a whole floor.
  • We already have a new tenant lined up!  Even better, it's my coworker's very responsible and lovely 26 year old daughter who has always loved my darling little townhouse.  She's starting law school so it's possible we could have her there for 3 whole years.  Her BFF is moving in with her.  We're THRILLED!
  • I traveled to see my future sister-in-law try on wedding gowns!  My mom was there too and we had so much fun.  We went to Bridal's By Lori and got to meet Monty and everything.  He is charming, but dumb as a box of rocks.  She did in fact say yes to the dress.
  • I was teaching a distance learning course and MAN that was a time sucker!  Grades are in and it's all over until next spring.  
  • Knock on something, quick!  I think I'm finished puking!  Woo hoo!  I'm still quite tired and I'm chalking that up to being old and pregnant rather than just pregnant.
  • Now that I can eat consistently again, I've gained 10 pounds.  Weight control fail.  I am very disappointed by this and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get things back under control.  I know I should just be happy about my growing belly, but I also want to be sure Chipmunk stays healthy.  Perhaps that starts with getting off the computer and getting on the treadmill.
  • My MaterniT21 results were negative, did I tell y'all that?  Very good news indeed.  We are waiting to find out the gender.  Level II ultrasound is a few weeks away and my mom will be in town then.  It just seemed better to learn then rather than hear it on the phone.  Although I did have some fantasies about going home and telling J, "I know the gender, and I'll tell you if you clean out the garage."

So here we sit, 16 weeks and things are going well.  At this moment, there is no drama going on with my lady parts for the first time in years and I am so grateful for that.

Now, on to some posts that have meaning and catching up on my commenting!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting 16 weeks. Great news about the MaterniT21 results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Very happy to hear the good news all around too! Congratulations on hitting 16 weeks and hoping the level II ultrasound is a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad for all of this good news!!! It is wonderful to hear your voice. Congrats on sweet sixteen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 16 weeks... Woo hoo! Time never ceases to amaze me. I'm glad everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 16 weeks!!! Plus you met Monty!! I'm super jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking about you and wondering what was going on with you. I was going to send you an email today, but then this popped up in my reader. So glad to hear things are going well. I just scheduled my level II u/s too . We're doing it at exactly 20 weeks. How wonderful to have your mom there too! I can't wait to hear how things continue. I'm jealous, I'm still puking :( but otherwise feeling pretty OK. Not as tired as I was, but I'm not totally sure that was all due to my pregnancy. I'm going to blame part of that on my non-sleeping toddler. I'm really happy to hear from you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Lisa! 16 weeks, that is awesome. I'm so glad your tests came back good. Finally you get a break, geeze, finally. I'm glad you are feeling better too. I was wondering how you are so I'm so glad you posted an update. Can't wait to meet you one day--here in the middle with our babies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being 16 weeks! I'm glad your test results continue to come back well - I'm sure it was scary waiting for the biopsy results. Sounds like you've had a crazy few weeks. I hope things settle down a bit (before they get REALLY crazy - ha!) :)

    ReplyDelete