Chipmunk only made two days worth of growth in the last seven days. The heart rate is still strong at 145, but my RE is concerned. We didn't graduate today as expected. I go back next Friday to see if there has been any growth.
I can't stop thinking about what's going on in there and how I can't do anything about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OH, Lisa..... I'm sorry. I'm glad to hear the heartbeat is on track and praying for miraculous growth over the next week. Please call me if you need anything...
ReplyDeleteThanks, lady. All the prayers help.
DeleteTry to stay positive. I've read so many stories about slow growth at first that eventually evens out. The strong heartbeat is a hugely encouraging fact. I know the next week will be so hard to get through! I'll keep sending big huge GROW vibes to the chipmunk!!
ReplyDeleteWe're hanging on to that strong heartbeat!
DeleteIt is a very hard situation to be in. All you can do is try to stay positive (as hard as that is to do). Hoping with everything that the little one catches up next week.
ReplyDeleteGood news is you still have a great hb!
Thank goodness for the strong heartbeat. I'd be in a panic if we didn't have that.
DeleteMy heart just sank. I'm so sorry you have to go through this stress. As others have said, it isn't doom and gloom. Heartbeat is strong and that's a great sign. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteYou're right. Not total doom and gloom. And s/he does have short parents. :)
DeleteA strong heartbeat is great. I know measurements can be off a bit, especially early on. I really hope your little chipmunk continues to grow, grow, grow.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Liz. Me too.
DeleteSending lots of grow baby grow vibes your way! Try your best to relax and de-stress. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying, Janet!!!
DeleteSending lots of positive thoughts to you and your little chipmunk! I'm thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and praying. I know it is scary, hang in there strong woman.
ReplyDelete:) Prayers for you too today. Can't wait to hear an update (but stay off the computer for now, k?)
DeleteI hate that you have to wait for another ultrasound. I know it is impossible to distract yourself and not think about it. I will be thinking of you this week.
ReplyDeleteWe're trying to be positive. Thanks for the good thoughts.
DeleteHoping a lot of hopes for you...including that the week goes by fast and that there is good news at the end.
ReplyDeleteOh I hope this week flies by!
DeleteOh No....you're right. Not "great." But, I do want to say, something I've been thinking about lately. When we think about child development outside of the womb, there is a HUGE range of what is normal. Children don't suddenly hit 12 months and start speaking. It happens when it happens. So it makes sense to think things would happen the same in our bellies...at their own pace. I hope that on Friday your little one has just spurted in growth...in her own time!
ReplyDeletep.s. I'm also waiting...for next Tuesday, to see if we can see something besides an empty sac :(
You're so right. Yet one more thing to hang on to.
DeleteThinking of you Tuesday!!!
I'm so sorry you didn't get great news today. But that little heart is still going, and a lot can change in a week. I know it's hard not to worry. Sending you hugs!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, sweetie.
DeleteOkay...I have to chime in here. I got this same kind of news with my daughter. And guess what? It was all due to my uterus being tilted just right so that the dildo cam did not allow for an accurate measurement. They said she was measuring a week behind. Well...we ditched the internal u/s and went for the belly one with a full bladder instead...and guess what? much better look at a baby measuring perfectly on track. I really really really really hope your situation is similar...because I know that I was a wreck for the week in between ultrasounds. So....let us pray baby is just in a funky spot and maybe next week ask them to do both to see if the angle makes a difference.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you....I know how anxious this can make you feel.
kd
Thinking of you and sending positive vibes that all turns out ok with your chipmunk!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI'll be thinking about you. Like everyone said, the HB is most important. I'll be praying that the growth evens out.
ReplyDeleteYou're right. HB, HB, HB!
Deletegeez Lisa. that sucks. i'm so sorry. i can't imagine how you feel. there is no way that every other thought isn't about this. like this is the last thing that you need. i'm thinking of you and praying for you dear friend.
ReplyDeleteThank you, dear.
DeleteI am so sorry to hear not so "great" news... Thinking of you and Chipmunk for better news on Friday.
ReplyDeleteI hope Friday gets here quickly!!
DeleteI'm sorry you have had a little scare. Try not to freak out, I'm sure it will be fine. Hugs sweetie!
ReplyDeleteTrying!!!
DeleteOh Lisa, this is so stressful. I'm sending nothing but love to the Chipmunk, hubs and you. Hang in there and know we are all here during the coming week. xoxo
ReplyDeleteY'all are the best.
DeleteI am so sorry that you had to face news that wasn't wonderful. But Chipmunk's heart is still beating strong. I'm really hoping it turns out to be nothing and that s/he is just being a bit sleepy. It's impossible not to be worried until next week, and until then I'll be sending you soooo many healthy vibes for this little one to grow stronger day by day!
ReplyDeleteWe've given him/her a talking to. Hopefully s/he listened! :)
DeleteHoping and praying that the growth straightens out.
ReplyDeleteHold on to that heartbeat. Chipmunk is a strong one. We're here holding on for you as well - these wee ones all grow at their own pace. xxx
ReplyDelete