Today is med day 5 and I’ve got about 17 follies at this
point, all around 10 mm. I’m pleased
with that. Lining is only at 5 mm, but
we have time. I’m strangely
uncomfortable physically and usually I don’t feel anything until the morning of
retrieval.
My protocol is unique enough that no one entirely knows what
to expect, but so far things seem to be going well. Since I had a Lupron Depot shot, there’s no Lupron
and no antagon with my stims. We’re just
letting things grow and planning that the depot shot keeps me appropriately suppressed. I’m taking more Menopur than Gonal-F and it’s
usually the other way around at my clinic.
I’m supplementing estrogen around retrieval time along with the usual
antibiotic, steroid, baby aspirin, and progesterone.
It’s strange how at home this all starts to feel. Joking with your RE and the nurses in the hallway
while totally ignoring the giant invasion of privacy you just received. Calling your husband on the way to the office
with the rundown: “There’s about 17, all are around 10, we’re not changing
anything.” “Got it!” Getting to work and
just plopping on down and starting the day like nothing has happened. This is my life. C’est la vie.
This cycle is showing us how ready we really are to be done
with all of this. Of course we hope that
there are finally two little lines at the end of this cycle, but I think that
if there isn’t we will feel at peace that we’ve done everything we could. We’re emotionally wiped. Even if the littlest hill is placed in front
of us, we are protesting about how tired we are and how sick we are of climbing
mountains when others have nothing but plains.
Our whole marriage has been about trying to make a baby and we’re ready to
just enjoy each other, baby or no.

Your last sentence rings so true! I hope that you do get two lines when this cycle is over :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are at peace with whatever this cycle brings. I am sending you lots of good vibes
ReplyDelete"Our whole marriage has been about trying to make a baby and we’re ready to just enjoy each other, baby or no." I understand this so so so well. I'm glad you have both found a place of peace, and so tickled that your follies are looking good. I hope with all my might that this cycle brings you a take home baby.
ReplyDeleteYes yes yes, that sentence right there. That.
Delete17 at 10 - fantastic! Wholeheartedly rooting for you!!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand where you're coming from. The rollercoaster that is fertility treatments is so stressful, it's nice to look forward to a period of not having to live through it. I'm with Belle and Toni; I'm glad you're in a place of peace. That said, I'm super excited about today's report (17 follie at 10 mm)!!! Absolutely awesome!! Hoping for you.
ReplyDeleteSounds promising so far! Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteThings sound like they are progressing nicely. I hope for you to get those 2 lines, but I hear you on spending your entire marriage on baby making. For the past 6 years, we've spent the majority of it trying. My hubs said he's kind of done.
ReplyDeleteWishing you all the best this cycle!!!
I love your attitude. I hope things continue to float on along for you. So many high hopes for you! x
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. Now following you here. That is a good number of follies. Hope this cycle works out for you. Fingers crossed. What you said about "the mountains we climb while others have nothing but plains" really resonated with me tonight. It is so true! Wish you the best.
ReplyDeleteKeep on truckin' lady! You're off to a great start, and I'm hoping with everything I have that this cycle ends as well as it's begun!
ReplyDeleteLookin' good! I am so glad that the new protocol seems to be working so well!!
ReplyDeleteWow, 17 follies - looking great! I hope this cycle brings you peace, whichever way it goes (of course, hoping for the best!)Very cool that you're trying a unique protocol.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good number of follicles! Wishing you the best and that this is it for you guys. Here from ICLW.
ReplyDeleteOy, that's great progress on the follicles. I'm impressed by your ovaries ;) keep on truckin'. But boy do I relate to this post, it feels like your normal everyday life going to the clinic, yet so ready to be done with it. The vicious cycle. Hoping for the best for you!
ReplyDelete17 follicles at 10mm is a beautiful thing. I hope the unique protocol works its magic and you can hop off of the emotional roller coaster. Wishing you the best!
ReplyDelete