Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

December 11, 2015

Can't I Just Go Back To Bed and Try Again Tomorrow?

I had my first monitoring visit for our FET last week. My lining wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either.  She thought I'd be fine by this week.

Not so much.

My day started when I literally tripped into the clinic.  Yes, literally in the real sense of the word,  not the way people butcher it now.  I somehow walked right on out of my shoes and landed flat on the concrete, cutting my knee and scraping my chin.  That should've been my first clue that today was destined to suck.

My lining has actually shrunk.  What was a 6.5 is now a 4.7 and I still have a bunch of mucus in my uterus.  They pushed back my transfer to the 23rd and I'm adding Vivelle dots.  Two of them twice a week.

I cried the whole way to my office.  As much as I've tried to remain cool, I don't think I really tuned into how emotionally ramped up I was about this cycle.  I can't stop crying.  I can't get it together.  I'm all E2ed up and I can't. stop. crying.  I guess all of this estrogen is just going to my emotions and my ass.  Both seem out of control lately.  I hate FETs.  I think I've mentioned that before.  I also think my lining did this before.  Swell.

I went to fill my prescription.  Insurance apparently only pays for one box a month, not two.  So I filled the one box, cried again, and will hope that the angel nurses at the clinic can fix this shit sometime in the next 15 days so I don't run out of patches and can get them filled before I have a new deductible to tackle.

I hate this.  I hate the drama.  I hate watching my body fail again.  I hate worrying about insurance and money.  I hate over analyzing everything I do.  I hate being sad when I should just be enjoying the holidays with my healthy, happy two year old.  I hate it all.  This SUCKS.  It all just sucks.

And my chin hurts.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this. I have been checking in on the blog and praying that everything was going okay. Will send so many good vibes for a reversal on your lining and a very good thaw and FET. That dare E2 and totally mess with your emotions too....sorry.
    kd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. It sucks a ton. And the hormones make it suck even more. Stupid sucky hormones. Stupid drama. If it makes you feel any better, I woke up to an email from my clinic this morning informing me that becausemy next transfer will be in January we have to pay $2500 in advance at my baseline visit on December 26. It ended cheerfully with "Happy Holidays!" Gee, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa. 😞 No words, just many hugs and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete