Copyright © Hapa Hopes
Design by Dzignine

September 3, 2013

33 Weeks

Really.  I'm 33 weeks pregnant, and by all accounts there is a healthy little Chipmunk in there.  We are so incredibly lucky.  Pregnancy is by no means sunshine and rainbows.  Sleep is elusive due to the most insane heartburn I ever thought could happen.  My hips hurt so badly sometimes that I can't even walk.  My asthma has flared and my cervical issues have evolved into actual dysplasia.  But you know what?  None of it matters.  None of it is worth even thinking about in light of how lucky we are to have this little one doing so well.  She can do whatever she wants to my body as long as she stays healthy and cooking.

And that's why I haven't posted.  I feel like pretty much anything I write smacks of insensitivity.  So many of the women who have been so supportive of me are dealing with some real shit.  I don't want to waste your time with bump-dates when you should be reading them and sending good thoughts and support to them.  So please go do that if you haven't already.

9 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you and hoping no news was good news. So glad for an update! I've been following these women, too, and it can be hard to find the time for celebration while others are hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hun, you are too sweet. Remember that we eat to rejoice with you too! This is such a special time despite the ups and downs of pregnancy. So glad to hear your little one is well. I can't believe how fast the time flies. You are going to meet your little hapa in no time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing and feeling as expected! Hope these last weeks go smoothly for you - excited to hear your news in just a bit longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 33 weeks! I'm glad you and the Chipmunk are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Please don't feel bad posting. I love being able to celebrate your Hapa miracle. Congrats on 33 weeks sweetie and I hope the rest of your pregnancy doesn't get too much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you, and I'm sorry for you being in pain and uncomfortable during this time. Fantastic that baby is doing just fine. You have fought hard for this babe and please don't feel bad in writing about and celebrate your miracle. You deserve that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Click click clicked the links....but please do enjoy your own good fortune, you deserve it! Glad to hear you and chipmunk are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa you are awesome & you couldn't be insensitive. Enjoy 33 weeks my friend she'll be here before you know it!
    Love
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, do you know you are pretty awesome? I sure hope so! So cool of you tp [it the support and energy where the most pain and needs are, but it is also good to celebrate with you! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete