Today, my friend is saying goodbye to a much wanted pregnancy. They found out that the baby they had tried so hard to conceive is not expected to survive. At her early ultrasounds, she found she'd lost a twin. Then they learned that there were heart concerns and likely chromosomal abnormalities. At the last ultrasound, they saw not only major heart malformations, but insurmountable brain and limb issues as well. The prognosis was grim and they decided to terminate. She's about 20 weeks at this point.
We all know there is no way to wrap your head around such a thing. I can't imagine the pain they went through arriving at this decision. If you pray, please remember J, R, and their baby today. I know she'd appreciate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My heart is breaking for this couple and their family. I will keep them in my thoughts. Just horrible.
ReplyDeleteIf you feel it might help, now or sometime later, please let her know about my blog, or the section at stirrup queens blogroll for medical terminations. I know that was what kept me sane, knowing that I wasn't alone. Feel free to give her my email as well.
I'm so sorry this is happening to your friend, don't know how close you are but I can only imagine how hard it must be for all of you. Being pregnant together and then suddenly not.
Take care and know you are a good friend, even if she might not be able to see you for a while (taking from own experience). If so, please don't take it personally. I'm here if you need to chat. xx
OH I can't even imagine....they are in my thoughts and prayers during this horribly sad and tragic time.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness... Prayers for all. There just aren't words for how sad this is.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Thinking of your friend during this sad time.
ReplyDeleteOh how I hate to hear these stories. I know too many people who have lost later term pregnancies to genetic, physical or other reasons. Heartbreaking. I will definitely send out prayers for this family.
ReplyDeletekd
My heart breaks for them! I had a friend that went through something very similar last year and it was horrible. Prayers to them!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear this. Will say a prayer for your friend.
ReplyDelete